What worked well -
- Representing the brand FA through uniform and logo -
- Set out of survey – selected questions
- Time and location, after school hours not too late, centre of town
- Confidence – performing in roles, helped having both of us
- Form of documentation, photography was subtle to public
What didn’t work as well -
- Lighting for photography, dusk due to time and season make photographs unclear, especially as it was subtle – long distance shots
- After various rejections, subconsciously prejudging peoples willingness to participate, resulting in bias results.
- Could have done this performance survey in multiple locations to collect varied results.
Additional comments -
- Security guard moved us after 10 minutes outside drake circus as it was a no survey area, didn’t ask to see ID.
- Interesting patterns watching people avoid walking near us.
- People lying about their use of Facebook to avoid answering questions on our survey when approached.
- Interesting to see publics engagements with our uniforms and badges as we walked through town to location.
- Public’s assumptions that we were from Facebook, no one asked us what organization we were with.